Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy (early) Birthday

happybirthdaydad

Good morning!  I have a few things to share today…first up is the card I made for me and all my siblings to give to our dad for his 80th birthday party today.  His real birthday is in a month, but my sister from Texas is up so we thought it would be a great time to have everyone come to town as well and celebrate during our long weekend.  We even have relatives from California here!  So I was asked (of course) to make dad’s card a few days ago.  I immediately thought it would be fun to do a real vintage photo of all us kids.  So during a family dinner last night, I snuck into the spare bedroom where all the family photos are and took this one to scan.  It’s my first birthday!! LOL  See the cake in front of me with 1 candle?  I also stamped happy birthday 6 times to represent us 6 kids :)  Inside the card, I printed out this sweet cowboy blessing (my dad’s a cowboy :)

May the rains fall on your pastures and the grass grow belly high.

May your calves get fat and sassy and none of your cows be dry.

May your horses be sure footed and blessed with good cow sense.

May your neighbours lend a hand when it's time to fix the fence.

May the sun shine on your crops when you harvest in the fall.

May your handshake be considered your word by one and all.

When your life is filled with laughter or when it's sad and grey,

may those you love be with you to share each blessed day.

By Anne Slade 1998

 

Next up is a fun little announcement.  This Be@Home blog contacted me and asked if I would like to be featured in their Best of the Web section.  I don’t know how they found me, but after asking a few questions agreed to do it…you can check out the feature here :)

Best of the Web: Be @ Home #33

And last but not least…today’s is the last day to enter the Verve Diva Dare challenge.  There are 2 ways to win some Verve-y goodness…make a card/project for the challenge and link it HERE and/or leave comments on all the Diva posts and a random winner will be chosen.  All the deets and some serious eye candy are over on the Verve Blog.

Thanks for stopping by…be sure to come back tomorrow for a fun little announcement :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti say it with style, birthday basics, verve big wish

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti kraft, cream, su espresso, various patterned paper scraps

accessories: vintage photo, button, twine, stitching, pinking shears

10 comments:

Tanya said...

Love that you used the photo, so personal! Fabulous card hun!

Lynn said...

Maureen, The perfect card to celebrate your dad's big day! I love the picture..fabulous! And so sweet that it is a birthday photo of you! Take care!

KimCreate said...

These are the best type of cards, the ones that tie in relationships and the cherished past of the recipient.Just lovely.
Kim

Julie said...

What a perfect card for your dad! So cute! The photo is just perfect! :)

Melisa Hunter said...

What a wonderful card! Perfect that it is a birthday photo of you! I love these photo cards that you make. Enjoy your weekend!

Luanne said...

What a wonderful photo to use in your card. Your dad's going to love this! Wonderful card! And congrats on your new feature! They chose well... :-)

Andrea M said...

Maureen, what a wonderful card for your Dad! Love the cowboy blessing!
Congrats on the feature! I checked it out - what a fun, BEAUTIFUL card! Your are AMAZING!!!!

Aimes said...

Oh Diva this is the perfect card for your dad! I love that pic - you look so sweet!
I also love the repetition of the sentiment so it's from each of you - so clever!
Bet'cha dad just loves it!
Have a fun time celebrating!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marisa said...

Love how you always make this type of card for your dad. I'm sure he will be grinning from ear to ear with his kids celebrating with him :) Congrats on the Best of the Web mention too.

TannyP said...

What an awesome card (and sentiment!) I bet your Dad loves it =) You really are one of the best on the web. Damn - just realized I totally dropped the ball on the Diva Dare...I really suck with time these days. At least I made it over here for some inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...