Saturday, May 21, 2011

Celebrate Good Times!

goodtimes 

Good morning!! Well, I had the best day off yesterday…breakfast downtown on a sunny morning and a bit of fun shopping at Michaels and the Apple Store (yes, a shiny new black iPad 2 is on its way to me in 2-3 weeks :)  Then I got home and a sweet little package from Taylored Expressions was in the mail with some new My Mind’s Eye papers and prima flowers :)  So a fabulous day all round!  I also finished this fun little card that uses this week’s Colour Q colours :)  I was inspired by the fabulous card by Kasia, one of the design team members.  My fellow Diva Tosh had also made a similar flower on her blog, so I went over to view her tutorial and created this super fun loopy felt flower.  I also picked a sentiment that makes my card perfect for the new challenge over on A Passion for Papertrey…to be inspired by a song.  Remember Kool and the Gang?  “Celebrate good times, come on and celebrate!"  Kind of a fun song and reminds me of the little parties I have in the studio!! LOL   I hope you are celebrating good times wherever you are…oh, and any iPad users out there?  I could use some little bits of information to get me started…have any?  I’ve been in Etsy looking for a funky cover…need help with that too ;)  Thanks for visiting!

signature 

cqc85

 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve birthday bash, pti background basics retro and leaf prints

ink: su basic grey, su choc chip, going gray

paper: pti white, su espresso, basic grey, sahara sand

accessories: pti leaf dies, chipboard, stitching, pti felt, button, twine

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh...that flower is to die for! I love how you changed your stitching too as you hit the sentiment panel! Stunner Maureen!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love how you did the felt flower.

Melisa Hunter said...

What a gorgeous flower! Love how it pops right off the card in your beautiful selection of neutrals. Those leaves are so pretty, too!

Caryn said...

Wow - that ia one cool flower and the stitching looks fab. Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Passion for Papertrey.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Aimes said...

Oooh that flower is bloomin' gorgeous, Diva! Love it! And check out that funky stitching - you're so brave to change the style of stitch mid-stitching (if that makes sense?!)
Totally rocked that colour combo and totally celebrating our challenge on A Passion for Papertrey in style! :D Thanks for joinin in the fun and singing along with us :)
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Marisa said...

Just love the flower!!! Great use of the colours too! Lucky are you to have an iPad2. My daughter is drooling she wants one so badly LOL! Enjoy the rest of your long weekend. Raining here - ugh! So no flower planting :( Trip to Costco instead - can you hear the kids groaning all the way up there LOL!

Andrea M said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That flower is STUNNING!!! WOW! I MUST try this flower!!! Holy cow! Maureen, this is so gosh darn GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

This has nothing to do with the card, although I liked it :) I actually wanted to show you this iPad cover. It is incredibly awesome, although I don't know how well it actually works.

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipad/smart-cover/

Unknown said...

Also, this is your nephew Luke :)

Arlene said...

Love the felt flower...this is just beautiful! :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card and lovely flower, Maureen! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that felt flower! Great card:) Thanks for playing at CQC this week! :)

LeAnne said...

LOVE these flowers! I made some but gave them away, so I will have to make some more. Love that you were able to find felt to match the CQC colors!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my goodness, this is STUNNING!! LOVE that flower!!

Christina said...

Wow! These flowers seem to be popping up everywhere, and yours is just fabulous! I will have to try this. Love the way you balanced the colors and added the fun stitching. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

Ohneilly said...

A beautiful card, love the flower and stitch effect,
Claire x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...