Saturday, April 2, 2011

You’re the Best, Julee!!

you'rethebest

Good morning friends!!  The sunshine has finally found me and it’s a beautiful morning here in the studio.  I was playing around last night and threw this flower and plaid paper down on the desk before going to bed.  It’s Julee’s last week as the CASE Study Muse (not last week, like I had originally thought!) so I had one last time to pay a little homage to the owner and illustrator of Verve Stamps over at CASE StudyVerve also has a new Stamp Set of the Month on sale, so I thought I would dig mine out (all the stamps in my set are very brown if you KWIM!) and use it on today’s card :)  I’m also sneaking in a butterfly from the just-released Chicks Rule set stamped on the Verve Flutterby die cut from balsa wood (more info HERE on Dawn’s blog).  This is the card we are CASEing…

VG_Imagine

I was inspired by the layout, flower, butterfly and, of course, the bling!! teehee :)  I was also trying to capture Julee’s signature whimsical elegance…at least I tried :)  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend…as I said yesterday, the dh and I are hitting a big Home Tradeshow and then out with friends for martinis :)  Cheers!

signature

AprilPrima_16

 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve kindred spirits, chicks rule

ink: versafine onyx, colourbox lilac, su choc chip

paper: pti white, su espresso, pink paiselee dp

accessories: verve flutterby die, circle nestabilities, prima flower, pearls and gems, grosgrain ribbon, lace trim, stitching

9 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a sweet card! Love the pretty colour combo!

Marisa said...

Great case. Love that butterfly!! Wish it was a Plain Jane. Lovely mix of colours and lace. Trusting the trade show was fabulous and you got lots of ideas if not ordering things for your new abode :)

Tammy said...

Gorgeous flower!! Just got myself a Cuttlebug--now I get to start collecting some great dies, and I can't wait to try Dawn's Balsa wood technique!! Looks great with the butterfly!

Dee in N.H. said...

Wow! Beautiful!!! Love your flowers, very yummy! and the gorgeous colors too!

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful CASE Moe! Darling colors (especially that cute gingham) and that gorgeous flower! Love red and purple together! OOhhh and I love that trim too...gotta get me some of that!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Aww, what a great CASE! I totally dig your choice of colours, Moe :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty, Maureen! Love your wooden butterfly, the pink gingham and that seriously fabulous flower!

Ravengirl said...

So very sweet! Love the home-y feel with the gingham and the stitching!

Sue Kohler said...

A beautiful CASE, love how you have teamed all Julee's elements with the gorgeous gingham paper!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study this week! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...