Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Two Lives, One Love

onelovewms

Good morning!! Today’s card is for the new Waltzingmouse Stamps Challenge.  It was a simple layout, perfect for lots of creativity and interpretation.  I have been on a bit of a balsa wood kick this month after seeing Dawn McVey make some gorgeous cards with it.  I just love it for a different texture.  And let’s face it…wood is good!! LOL  These leaves were cut out with the newly released Verve Elegant Leaves die and stamped with the matching leaf image from Bloom and Grow.  I was also inspired by Janelle’s beautiful paper blossoms so I had to take some sheet music paper that she sent me last year and make some flowers too!! (thanks again, Janelle!)  The vellum has been stitched to the dp as it was a bit bright and I wanted to tone it down :)  Hope your day is wonderful, thanks for popping by! 

signature

43-Sketch_thumb1

 

what’ in it?

stamps: waltzingmouse labels 18, verve bloom and grow, fiskars just married quotes

ink: versafine onyx, su creamy caramel, sahara sand, pti tea dye duo

paper: pti shimmer white, white, sweet blush, sei dps, sheet music paper, vellum

accessories: Verve Elegant Leaves die, pti blossom die, crystal brad, gems, pti button and twine, balsa wood, stitching, labels 18 nestabilities

17 comments:

Aimes said...

OMG, Diva! So many different elements working in perfectly harmony with one another that I keep spotting new things I love about this everytime I look at it! Love the effect of the toned down DP - soooooooo pretty!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Melisa Hunter said...

So pretty with the layer of vellum on the DP. Love that little paper flower. Beautiful take on this sketch!

Marisa said...

Love how you toned down the DP with the vellum. Great flower with the musical score on it :) This will have to be a hand delivery as that balsa wood won't make it through the mail (speaking from experience of playing with that stuff in Costa Rica when I was a kid LOL!)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful creation. Love the softness that the vellum gives over the patterned paper. Such lovely vintage touches make this card a real WOW!

Thanks for choosing to play along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is gorgeous, Maureen! I've been wanting some balsa ever since I saw that post - just haven't been to a craft store yet! I love that you used it for the leaves - clever!! Thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Kelly S. said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the mixture of details-the pretty wood leaves, the newsprint flower, the lovely label, the stitching, the buttons, the rhinestones...well, I think I love it all! Fab use of the WMSC this week, too!

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful composition! love the wood pieces and your pretty text flower! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Lynn said...

I adore the sentiment Maureen...it is absolutely wonderful. And what a great idea to tone down the patterned paper...I'm going to have to catalog that idea for use! And wood...wow...just used it for the first time this weekend...definitely won't be the last. All around love your card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Maureen! Love the beautiful WM label and that 3D blossom is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

Andrea M said...

So gorgeous Maureen! Love the layered dies and the flower, STUN-NING! A beautiful color combination!!!

Colorado Crafter said...

Very lovely card!!!

Jen Adcock said...

Wow! This is so pretty. I love the "look at me closer" aspects of this card. Your use of vellum is genius and totally effective...a real must try. Scrumptious bloom as well. Fabulous card all round.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks great, love your label choice, and the leaf combo is pretty too! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Clare said...

beautiful! love the wooden leaves and music sheet flower! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC! : )

Unknown said...

gorgeous card!!!!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness Maureen! This is stunning!!! I love how you made your own paper flower. I tried that technique and failed abysmally! I will have to try again! :) The colors you used are so delish! I'm in love with this card!

Janelle said...

Catching up on blog reading this afternoon -- this is a beautiful card, Maureen... and thanks for the shout-out, too. :) Love, love, love the balsa wood leaves. They're perfect with the sheet music flower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...