Sunday, April 17, 2011

A New A+ Friendship

A friendship

Good morning!!  I had some time to play in the studio last night…you see, it’s Hockey Playoff Season here in Canada which means the dh will be glued to the tube for 2 months!  ACK!!  It’s not so bad and I do like to hear the updates…but I just can’t watch it for 2 months!! LOL  So I pulled out some new stamps from My Favourite Things.  I ordered some dies from them last month and couldn’t resist adding a few of these A La Mode stamp sets.  I don’t have any teacher sets so this one was perfect to start my collection :)  I plan on giving this to the other Grade 2 teacher at my school in June…she (as well as all the teachers there) has been patient, kind, and generous sharing her ideas and helpful tips about the school.  She’s a real gem.  Oh wow, I’m half way done this post and have yet to mention that it was inspired as well by Silke Ledlow’s CASE Study card this week.  Here’s her photo that got the creative juices flowing…

C4C61SweetFriend29Oct10

I was inspired by the colours, the ribbon, the gems, the friendship sentiment and the sketch :)  In fact, it was the colours that got me on the whole “school” theme :)  I just need to perfect the whole “colouring” thing.  Maybe I should stick to paper piecing! LOL  {edited to add:  okay, I slept on this and then did go the paper piecing route this morning…much better! I just couldn’t get those vibrant colours with my blender pen…and who wouldn’t pay attention to this teacher? Meow!}  Well, that’s it for me this morning.  I hope you can make it back tomorrow!!  The Verve Divas are posting their favourite cards of this month’s release at the Verve After the Party over on the Verve Blog…and I’ll be posting mine here as well.  In the meantime, check out my Verve Gallery and for fun, see if you can guess which one is Moe’s Fav!!  Leave a comment and let me know what YOU think!! Have a wonderful day!!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: my favourite things you rule

ink: versafine onyx, su kiwi, black, mellow moss, going gray, real red

paper: pti rustic cream, black, kraft, su kiwi kiss, october afternoon report card, watercolour paper

accessories: long nestabilities, gingham ribbon, pti button, linen thread, gems, pti banner die, stitching, blender pen

9 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fabulous stamp! She looks like a little Diva! You reminded me that I need to pop over and get the cloud dies from My Favorite Things! Thanks for some more enabling :)

Laurel said...

I LOVE this card!

Marisa said...

Colour her hair blonde and it could be you :) Cute pink shoes and all ;) I'm sure the teacher will love it. Guessing the Having you as a mom card - lots of pink and ribbon flowers.

Melisa Hunter said...

All of your cards in the gallery are just fabulous. I couldn't begin to guess which one is your favourite! I like you teacher's new outfit! Very stylish! Have a good week!

Aimes said...

Right then Diva, I'm coming over there armed with my pens and I'm going to watch you colour because I cannot believe that you don't rock at it! Whilst we're at it you can teach me the patience of paper-piecing because the lady on this card looks FABULOUS! Wish I could get away with wearing a zebra print skirt for school ;D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is adorable and I love her sassy little outfit! Great job!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous Maureen, I couldn't think of a better stamp set to start with than this cute one! Love the design, the kraft sentiment banner at the bottom and that great gingham bow! Just perfect for your teacher friends! Glad to see you over at CASE Study!

Colorado Crafter said...

What a great card!! I had forgotten that you were a teacher... I used to teach Grade 1 (also taught 2nd, 6th, 7th and 8th along the way) until I lost too much eyesight to a degenerative retinal disease. I guess the only good thing about that is that now I get to stay home and play with paper, ink, stamps and such things.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Haha, you crack me up! Awesome card, Moe! It does look great with the paper piecing, but I can't imagine how you wouldn't rock the colouring :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...