Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to You

happybdaycardpatterns

Good morning!! Well, I’m a little giddy about today’s card :)  After making a big FLOP card, I sat down to play with my latest Wild Card Colour Challenge.  These sweet colours have been staring at me for almost a month!!  Yikes!!  I think they were secretly waiting for this card to be pulled out of my brain :)  Of course, a cool sketch helps too!!  I’m using this week’s Card Patterns sketch.  I wasn’t too sure about all the circles, but once I had some paper out and this die cut doily, I was back in my “happy card making place.”

wacccky23

pulledcolours

I knew I had to challenge myself NOT to make leaves with the ripe avocado!! HA!!  I always think “leaves” when I have green in the colour palette, but not today :)  This green paper is from Basicgrey’s new Hello Luscious pack…and luscious it all is!!  I snuck berry sorbet in with the buttons :) I can’t believe poor berry sorbet has only a bit part on the card today…usually it’s my neutral!! LOL  Yay, now I get to pull 4 new colours!!  Have a lovely Sunday…and for more eye candy, head over to the Verve Blog…the Divas are showcasing their favourites of the March Release!!  Then, check out the new March Release and Sale going on!!  Thanks for stopping by today…wish me luck back at it tomorrow :)

signature

sketch108 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve birthday bash

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti cream, hibiscus burst, white, mme, echo park and basicgrey dps

accessories: circle nestabilities, ms doily, su circle punch, dress it up vintage button, pti buttons, thread, seam binding ribbon

8 comments:

Marisa said...

You made these colours work perfectly, Moe :) Great take on the sketch too. that doily makes the card.

Kristina said...

I think I like these colors (except that darn hibiscus burst!) and the "frilliness" of your card! It's busy, but a good busy, lol. The little pearl centerpiece on the ribbon is gorgeous! Very nicely done! Maybe I can balance out that HB with some browns as my neutral... hmmm... Time to go get crafty!

Ann said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunning! I love that doily & the ribbon with the pearl center is ahhh-mazing!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Maureen. Love these colors and that doily die and the papers you chose just make everything so elegant!

TannyP said...

Always up for a challenge and you execute perfectly every time. Darn it, Moe....you've got me wanting to create in my area when all I want to do is go to bed =)

whoistracy said...

So pretty! Love all these colors together and that big bow. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is stunning. I love everything about this!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...