Monday, March 21, 2011

Banner of Love

To enter my Birthday Blog Candy, click HERE.

fixedbanner

Edited to Add: Okay, everyone was soooo sweet not to mention that the banners were “hanging” the wrong way!! LOL  Maybe it was windy!! LOL  Or maybe I just had too many rainbows on the brain…anyways, I have corrected the problem!!  I can’t believe it took me looking at my post hours later to realize this!! hehe  I’ve left the original for comparison
weddinglove
Good morning!! Well yesterday was a very productive day in the studio :)  I was able to combine a challenge with a commissioned card.  I have fortunately joined a staff who loves handmade cards and are keeping me busy with requests :)  So this one is for an upcoming wedding in April.  I was given free reign with sentiment and colours.  I’m using this week’s Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge with its sweet little banners.  I knew I wanted the word “L-O-V-E” on the banners, but my alphabet stamps were not fancy enough…soooooooo, I cut apart the word LOVE from the Fancy Phrases stamp “with Love.”  Yes, I took apart a beautiful stamp!!  I tried taping over letters and was getting ink everywhere, so I cut it!  I’ve actually done this a few times before and the beauty of clear stamps is that they fit back together so well.  When I go to use “with Love” again, it will be fine :)  And don’t you think those letters are perfect for that banner?  I also used glitter cardstock for the leaves…it looked better than green leaves and a little more festive :)  I hope your first days of Spring are going well…thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me :)  Hugs,
signature
_39 Sketch_thumb[1]

what’s in it?

stamps: waltzingmouse fancy phrases, very vintage labels 14; fiskars just married quotes

ink: versafine onyx, su going grey, pti sweet blush

paper: pti shimmer white, sweet blush, cream, echo park and pink paiselee dps, glitter cardstock

accessories: pti banner dies, labels 14 nestabilities, thread, prima flowers, su little leaves die, gems, stitching, lace trim

15 comments:

Tanya said...

Ooooh this is gorgeous girl! I love those banner dies, they are on my wish list, they look like so much fun.

TannyP said...

Talk about glamorous! Stunning card =) I love the silver leaves and you're right - that sentiment is perfect for the banner!

Tammy said...

Such a pretty Wedding card Moe!
Hope you're enjoying your spring break and get plenty of studio time!

Melisa Hunter said...

Oh my gosh, Maureen... this is a work of art ~ it should be framed! I love your little banner and the pretty flowers and the distressing. It always looks so nice when you add bling to the sentiment. I need to try this!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely soft, beautiful colors and card!!! Saw the sketch myself and have wanted to try a banner... Yours is perfect!!

Julie said...

This is beautiful, Maureen! I love what you did with that banner! They will love this card! And yes, I've cut my clear stamps apart a time or two before also. ;)

Marisa said...

Glad to hear you have a staff that loves cards :) Great use of the WMS. You aced the banner - don't know if I'd be brave enough to cut up a stamp or not, though LOL! Love the outline on the nestie. I'm sure your customer and the couple will love the card :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so beautiful and bravo on cutting up your stamp! I've done it a couple of times and always feel terrible until I see how much I like it the new way! :) Love it!

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous! Love those soft colors and the great sentiment!

Heather Rogers said...

I guess we both had pink in mind. Love your banner and pretty WM frame. :)

Heidi said...

WOW this is so pretty, I am hoping to play along w/ this challenge.

Lynn said...

Youza...do you know that word? :) Means totally amazing and gorgeous! This card is a stunner...I love that banner with the little chip board edges. 100% gorgeous...jealous of your inky time this week...hope you are having a wonderful week off!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is amazing, Maureen. Love the shimmery top border to your pennant, and the distressed edges. A beautiful sentiment as well. Thanks for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty and elegant Maureen! Love that beautiful label and those gorgeous flowers! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Helen F. said...

Sooo romantic! I love the flowers and that wonderful banner :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...