Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Celebrate the Season

Hi everyone!!  Well, yesterday we were "celebrating today," the last day of no snow...now, today, we are "celebrating the season," the season of snow and winter.  We got our first official snowfall of the season last night, although, by midday, all will be melted.  That's usually how it works where I live :)  As winter progesses, though, we will get lots of snow that stays.  So today's card, using Mercy's Tuesday Sketch, celebrates the season :)  I had the SU tree on my mind again, sans buttons as it's winter, and all the buttons have fallen off! LOL  However, I wanted the whole tree this time, not just the part that fits in the oval.  After stamping the image out onto cream cardstock, I started cutting it with my snips, but stopped quickly as the branches are so thin.  I actually finished cutting it with my exacto knife...first time using it with an image and was pleased with how it turned out.  (btw, keep your blades sharp!)  I also had purple and brown on the brain and, of course, snowflakes :)  Lots going on with this, but I think (I hope!) it works.  Hope you have something to celebrate today...leave me a comment and let me know!! Thanks for visiting :) 

what's in it?
stamps: su season of friendship, pti 2010 holiday tags
ink: su choc chip, baroque burgundy
paper: pti kraft, cream, lavender moon, scarlet jewel, distressed dots and bitty boxes dps; su choc chip, jillibean dp
accessories: distressor, gemstones, 3/4" circle punch, oval nestabilities; cuttlebug ef; stitching; may arts ribbon, grandpa's button, twine,

4 comments:

TannyP said...

I'm celebrating wonderful friends =) This card is lovely - your cutting job worked perfectly and you're much braver than I am because I don't think I'd have even attempted cutting those branches out with anything =) Gorgeous colors - I might have to use them for a Christmas card!

Marisa said...

Love the snowflakes on the tree and well done on cutting the tree out! You definitely get an A+ :) Love the colour combo and of course, the polka dots. Great use of Mercy's sketch. Hope the snow melts quickly!

Vickie Z said...

Love the color contrasts {so bright with kraft, it's wonderful}!! I will never not LOVE polka dots.. hehehe!!

Janelle said...

Love the embossed oval. So subtle, but such a great accent for the other snowflakes. And the fussy-cut tree is perfect. Today I'm celebrating a Saturday spent at home getting ready for a houseful of company and dinner and a movie out with my husband tonight. :) (And a chance to catch up on your blog... but I'm going to try not to comment on every single one of the twenty-some posts!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...