Sunday, October 3, 2010

Verve World Card Making Day

Good evening!! Well, I'm back from a delightfully relaxing weekend with my dh...we were at a Hot Springs resort and the weather was perfect.  One of the many things we love about this place is that "love is all around" there.  They also have a dining room with a live band playing old tunes for dancing.  You feel like you are back in the 1950s...it's fabulous :)  But when I got home and checked my Blogger Dashboard....HOLA!!!  Challenges galore...I remember last year on World Card Making Day being overwhelmed by all the challenges and giving myself permission NOT to partcipate in all of them...LOL.  Verve wins out again, so my focus will be on the challenges that Julee has posted for us, getting us ready for the Verve Fall release...I can't wait!!! My new Verve binder (#3) that I had purchase after being Guest Diva has lots of space for new images...so bring them on Julee!!! LOL  I was able to get 3 sketches done this afternoon, but will spread them out over the week....up first is the last sketch (I'm pulling a Kristina and doing them out of order!! LOL...love you Kristina!!).  The kraft panel is embossed with the PTI woodgrain plate and I'm using some October Afternoon scraps :)  I thought the notebook page image would be perfect for the two panels and opted for a flower for the circle panel.  Okay, that's all tonight...back tomorrow with another sketch...


what's in it?
stamps: verve blue skies, kind words
ink: su soft sky, sahara sand, versafine onyx
paper: pti cream, kraft, su espresso, soft sky; october afternoon dp
accessories: pti ribbon, blossom dies; gemstones, basicgrey button, twine, pti impression plate, stitching

8 comments:

Kristina said...

See, doesn't it feel good to break the rules and do things out of order?! You have to follow the inspiration, and the inspiration doesn't always start with #1.

I love what you've done with this sketch, Maureen! This is the only one I have left to do and for some reason it's stumping me... Too many different panels. I'm stuck trying to pick a color theme that will allow me to use a bunch of different dp. Maybe I just need to simplify it a bit... Hmm...

The little notebook page is so perfect for the tilted panel! And I see it's been doubled again. ;)

Well, here's wishing you a smooth and happy Monday! It's going to be a long one for me tomorrow. I have an after school SST meeting to discuss some interventions for child that desperately needs some help. All good things... but a long day, none the less.

I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us this week!

Michelle Woerner said...

I LOVE this! Great use of the OA papers. I really want to use mine now. PERFECTION! Hugs,

Marisa said...

I KNEW you would have a ball with this sketch LOL! This is the one that is sending me over the deep end as off center panels and I don't get along! Fabulous mix of DPs and colours. Love it. Look forward to seeing the others!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is fabulous Maureen! Love it! So glad you had a relaxing getaway, too! :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a great card! Love the CAS take on it. I chose some similar papers and put them on kraft for the 1st sketch. I'm thinking of using the notepaper for this sketch too; it's perfect for it. If I have time tonight, I'm going to work "out of order" too! Next sketch: #4! It looks like a fun one! Have a great day!
ttys!

Lin said...

Beautifully done! I like your choice of colors!

Lynn said...

Maureen, love all the layers of paper on this card...wonderful as always!

Megan said...

This is totally beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...