Saturday, October 23, 2010

Nature Gives Every Season

Good afternoon!!  It's been a busy, but very productive day.  I finished up my teaching conference this morning, hit Michaels on my way to the tire place (time to get the winter tires on before the first snowfall!), cleaned the house and then got some playtime in the studio :)  This card is for the last October Viva La Verve challenge :)  Amber is giving us open inspiration this week :)  LOVE this, because so many things have been inspiring me over the last couple of days.  First up, my new VERVE stamps arrived just in time for the weekend; second, I noticed so many gorgeous maple trees on the university campus; third, Julee, the owner of Verve enabled me to buy this fleur de lis border punch and last, I found this gorgeous designer paper at Michaels this morning :)  I tried tying raffia onto the card instead of ribbon and found out how messy it is!! LOL  But I love the natural look and feel it gives the card :)  Oh, and another wood button...I have 2 left!! EEKK!!!  I also distressed all the paper panels to mimic how nature is starting to look out there, all crumbled and breaking down!! LOL  Hope you are having a great day...the sun is shining here, but it is COLD!!!  The perfect day to stamp my little heart out :)  What's inspiring you today?  I would love to hear about it :D
what's in it?
stamps: verve plain jane, autumn splendor
ink: su sahara sand, guava; versafine onyx
paper: su choc chip, soft suede, durango; pti kraft, cream, bitty box dp; me & my big ideas dp
accessories: stitching, gemstones, distressor, ek success border punch, rectangle nestabilities, raffia, wood button, twine

4 comments:

Amber Hight said...

Gorgeous Card, Moe! I love that paper, it's really beautiful!

Lynn said...

Love the border punch you used on this Maureen...very pretty card!

Marisa said...

Love the way you have the subtle leaves in the BG of the sentiment panel. Great DPs and I'm still loving those wooden leaf buttons. Glad you had a good conference and got some shopping and other things out of the way today as well :)

Kristina said...

Oooh! Isn't being inspired by what's currently inspiring us inspiring?! heee

That dp is so fallish and wonderful! And the rafia! I don't know if I have ever thought about using rafia before on my cards... But it's a great look! So glad to hear that you got to take in some fall colors as well. Fall colors and weather just make me happy. :)

As to my copics, I've had them for well over a year. I use them off and on, but don't really have a ton of stamps to use them with. But they're fabulous for when the coloring bug strikes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...