Monday, October 11, 2010

I Chose the Road Less Traveled By

Oh, my goodness!!!  Eeek!!!  I am finally, finally, finally playing along with one of my favourite challenges!!  I am so excited to play with Sankari and Brooke and the girls over at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge this week.  I love movies and making cards inspired by them is so fun and so creative!!  When I saw this week's movie...all other card projects were put aside to make sure I did not miss the deadline...Dead Poet's Society is one of my all time favourite movies.  If it's on t.v. I will watch it, period.  Robin Williams and all the young actors were outstanding and the themes of the film are so moving.  I can't list all my favourite parts and quotes...too many...but one that stands out is when Robin Williams says, "we're not laughing at you, we're laughing near you."  The poetry, the passion for teaching...this movie is so inspiring to me as a teacher, though I teach 7 year olds (hehe).  I chose a quote from my favourite Robert Frost poem (and bonus...I have a stamp of it!! LOL).  I was also inspired by the colours of the season and some school notebook paper.  The requirement was "felt" and the yellow on the flower is harvest gold felt from Papertrey :)  I love stamping a background with SU's Autumn Splendor.  It's such a fabulous set :)  Well, that's about it...please come and check out this challenge...it really is so much fun!!!   


what's in it?
stamps: verve beautiful you, su autumn splendor
ink: su really rust, more mustard, baroque burgundy, versafine onyx
paper: pti cream, scarlet jewel, basicgrey dps
accessories: pti notebook die, blossom dies, button, ribbon, felt, twine, gemstones, office clip, cuttlebug ef

12 comments:

Ann said...

Ahh, that sentiment is perfect for that movie...now why didn't I think of that? ;)

Banu said...

WOW..Such a beautiful card. Loved that sentiment. You have described the feelings that this movie evokes so very well. Could not have said it better. your card is truly inspired.

Marisa said...

Love the leaf background. You may be luring me to buy that set LOL! There is that PTI flower die too...good thing Christmas is coming :) Great card for a great movie!

TannyP said...

Gorgeous card...that ribbon is lucious! Love the flower =)
The new look is so professional!

Melisa Hunter said...

Such an inspirational poem! Love the background paper you created! I "need" some leaf stamps!

Michelle Woerner said...

Gorgeous girlie! Perfect for the challenge. Love that layered flower and the spots of bling on the "note paper". Hugs,

Tammy said...

Great card Maureen!! Love that leaf background and the quote! I love that movie too!! So much so, it likely influenced my career choice--high school English teacher. In fact, when I start my poetry unit with my senior level kids, I have often had them do what Mr. Keating has his students do--stand on top of their desks--to "strive to take a new point of view"! They think I'm crazy, but it totally helps loosen them up to approach some challenging literature. I remind them that they will often have to look at things from different perspectives . . . any way, enough rambling . . . I'd love to play along with this challenge, but alas, I must hit the pile of marking that's been sitting in my bag all weekend!

Kathy Martin said...

What a beautiful card! :)

Andrea M said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love your card Maureen!!! This is one of my fav poems too :) Youdid an awesome job on the cinema challenge - haven't seen that movie but will have to add it to the list :)

Anonymous said...

i love the new look....144 followers???? holy moly....
tl

Nancy K said...

Beautiful card Maureen -love the colors of the leaves (fab set!)and the felt flowers. I love the quote you used -perfect for the film, and the bit of bling is brilliant!

Sandy Ang said...

How well your card complement's Frost's poem !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...