Sunday, August 22, 2010

Best Wishes

check out my Verve blog candy here....

 Good morning, friends.  Today is the last unofficial day of "do nothing" for the summer.  I head back a few days early to unpack my new classroom tomorrow and Tuesday then am off to a 3 day teaching conference.....then back to set up my class the week after that ....then.....I know, it's been hard having the summer off but I really have recharged...so that's a good thing :)  Today's card uses the just released Verve set Love Story and is for the last week of Viva La Verve sketches this month.  I took inspiration from this photo.  It reminds me of the Amy Butler paper pad I have.  A bow, some buttons and a bit of bling...:)  Hope you are having a lovely day...I intend to do some stamping and sifting through teaching boxes...wish me luck!!

What's in it?
stamps: verve love story
ink: versafine onyx
paper: su really rust; pti ocean tides, kraft, cream; Amy Butler dp
accessories: pti ribbon, buttons and twine, stitching, labels 11 nestabilities, seeing spot ef, gemstones

6 comments:

Aimes said...

Hey, Diva! Oh where does the summer holiday zoom by to?!?!
Love those bold buttons on your card and the attention to detail like how you threaded them so the outer ones have cute tails!!!!
Have fun in your new classroom!!!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marisa said...

Great nestie for the sentiment panel and I love the three buttons on it. Lovely colour combo too. I totally forgot about this past Friday's sketch by Amber. I need school to start so I can get recharged LOL! Have a great day :D

Kristina said...

The dp does look like this beadspead. How perfect is that?! Love all that stitching and of course the big buttons. :)

Ah, reality. It sure comes up quickly, doesn't it? I'm heading back in tomorrow as well, but only to start running copies and see how far ahead I can get before school starts and I'm behind, lol. Enjoy your first unofficial day back! I always find the first trip back the hardest, but once I'm there I get motivated and excited for the new school year. :)

Ann said...

Great creation! I'm avoiding doing my school work today...trying to play in my craft room, but I think I'm too tired to have any mojo! Good luck with back to school! :D

Melisa Hunter said...

Love the paper you chose and the label nestie. Blue looks so nice with orange. I ended up making a card for this sketch and used a label nestability, too. Even though I chose the quilted bedspread as inspiration, orange stood out for me, too!

Winter said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...