Saturday, July 3, 2010

Some People Make the World Special

Oh, I had soooo much fun making this card this morning :D  It's my first official day of vacation (although, perhaps Monday will be as I'm always off on weekends :) ).  This card is for the first Viva La Verve July challenge.  I was tempted to go with the last inspiration photo, but that fabulous shower curtain in the second photo lured me away :D  It reminded me of Basic Grey's Green at Heart paper.  I also thought the large circle would be the perfect place to try out a Martha Stewart doily as inspired by Dawn McVey a few months ago.  I'm still addicted to cork flowers (ok, how many addictions is that now? LOL).  As I made this card and picked the sentiment...I started thinking of the secretary who works at the school I just tranferred from.  She is such a sweetie...I made THIS CARD for her but think I will send her this one too as she was so kind to me over the years we worked together.  She always noticed if I was having a hard week and always greeted me with a smile (and/or hug if needed...).  Leaving people like that (in addition to the kids) is the hardest part of transferring.  Anyways....I love the way it turned out :D  I hope you are having a lovely day and weekend....my lazy morning now ends...onto housework :D






What's in it?
Stamps: verve feel the sun
Ink: versafine onyx
Paper: pti white, kraft, su pumpkin pie, rich razzleberry; Basicgrey dp
Accessories: MS die cut lace tags, stitching, apron lace punch, circle and long nestabilities, pti blossom dies, button, twine, American Crafts grosgrain, gemstones, seeing spots cuttlebug ef, cork (Michaels)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE it Maureen! You did a great job using that photo! This card is great!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a beautiful card!!

TannyP said...

A fabulous job of this challenge - I love the way you let the image speak to you because it really works!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...