Monday, June 14, 2010

Time to Celebrate

I seem to be on a "celebrate" kick this week :)  Perhaps I'm feeling the love of the summer just around the corner :D  I had such a fun weekend in the studio, stamping in the sunshine, that I couldn't resist making one more card for the Verve Up, Up and Away challenge.  I never thought I would fall in love with hot air balloons, but here I am again, singing their praises....am I too late for this trend?  I don't care!  I love them!!  AND I snuck a few cuts from Melisa's new cloud dies!!! {oops, Melisa, I hope that's okay!!}  Two sweet little dies that are on my "need" list...they are punched out of white glitter paper, although, it's hard to tell in the photo.  I also love Karen's sketch this week..it is so full of possibilities.  I've been playing with my new October Afternoon paper all weekend. Another new love right now :)  I paired the gingham with what's left of My Mind's Eye cloud paper.  Hmmmm, lots of "loves" in this post....what are you lovin' right now?  Have a wonderful Monday...no staff meeting here...so I'm actually lovin' a Monday!!!

What's in it?
stamps: verve big wish, up, up and away
ink: versafine onyx, SU close to cocoa, rose red
paper: PTI cream, ocean tide; SU kiwi kiss, MME quite contrary, October Afternoon thrift shop & fly a kite dp; doodlebug glitter cardstock
accessories: circle nestabilities, PTI dies and twine,

7 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Maureen! Love all those clouds and that fun stripey balloon! Thanks for playing! :)

Marisa said...

Love (keeping with your love themed post ;D)the paper you used for your balloon and those clouds are too cute!! Great card. Good luck in the challenge!

Laural-Lee said...

Lovely....I love hot air balloons. It makes me want to go play with my set. And I'm so jealous about the October afternoon paper.

TannyP said...

You're making me love hot air balloons =) Gorgeous work - I love all the dimension you've got going on in this card!

Melisa Hunter said...

LOve what you've done with the cloud dies, Maureen! Great combo of DP! The paper piecing is so fun! Makes me think of summer, too! Can't wait! Not too long, now!

Kathy Martin said...

Very cute card! Love the design and that piece of gingham background paper! :)

Justine said...

Wow, I love everything about this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...