Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sunshine and Smiles

Good evening!!  The week is almost half over and it was a sunny day and evening here :)  I love stamping by a bright window.  Tonight's card satisfies 2 challenges.  I love Karen's Sweet Sunday sketch this week.  I had to think for a bit about what oval image would work well, then thought of my new Verve Up, Up and Away.  Aha!!! Then I thought I could post it as another entry into the Up, Up and Away challenge on the Verve blog!!  I am falling in love with these little hot air balloons.  I didn't think I would, but here I am, a converted stamper!!  I love using fabulous patterned paper for the balloon :)  I also was able to use this cute little sentiment from Let it Shine :)  No ribbon again...no room...but twine always saves the day in this case :)  Hoping tomorrow is nothing but sunshine and smiles for you :)

What's in it?
stamps: verve up, up and away, let it shine
ink: versafine onyx
paper: PTI cream, kraft, SU mustard, soft sage, My Mind's Eye dp, Cosmo Cricket dp
accessories: oval nestabilities, gemstones, stitching, twine, MS border punch

7 comments:

TannyP said...

Ohhhhhhhh......soooo cute! You always own a challenge like no other. Such a perfect example of Verve useage...I'm just waiting until you're an official Diva. =)

Marisa said...

This is adorable, Maureen. Love the paper you used for the baloon and the clouds in the BG are perfect! Great colour combo and I lvoe the twine and touch of bling. Great card :D

Laural-Lee said...

Beautiful paper piecing! and fab pattern paper. I'm so jealous of how you can make things just come together. I like the contrast of the black stitching too.

Melisa Hunter said...

Great paper piecing! That IS the perfect paper for the cloud. So cheery! I'm loving the look of the twine!

Melisa Hunter said...

Love your new banner! I'm not sure why I didn't notice it when I left my comment! It's got all your favourite embellishments on it... and mine, too!

Aimes said...

Thank goodness for twine, eh?! Finishes the card perfectly :D
Oooh bloggy makeover looks fabulous!
FYI: Taheerah is pronounced Ta-here-raaaa and permission to case my weddingy card totally granted! In fact, I'd be honoured!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just fabulous! Love the colors and that beautiful pieced balloon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...