Saturday, May 1, 2010

You May be the World

Good morning!!! Yesterday couldn't have been a more wonderful day!! In addition to being Friday, my Verve stamps arrived!! I just love getting them the same week I ordered them :)  And with Customs and Canada Post, you never when your packages will arrive ;)  Today's card is for the first Viva La Verve May challenge.  We are looking at hobby rooms (aka studios!) this month.  I really love the colours of the sewing basket in the inspiration photo.  I'm hooked on tags lately and had some Scenic Route lined paper on my scrap pile...you know what came next, right?  LOL  That lovely flower is from the new set One Person...so is the sentiment and the word "Mom."  I added the little comma so it looked like a note :)  The patterned paper is OLD paper from Michaels, but had all the colours I wanted for my card.  I wanted to  use wide ribbon with a lovely bow, but there was no room, so I opted for some skinny satin ribbon wrapped like twine with a little bow :)  Bling, embossing , border punches...this was so fun to create.  Have a great Saturday...thanks for visiting and for all your encouraging and sweet comments :)  They really do mean so much :)


What's in it?
stamps: verve one person
ink: versafine onyx
paper: SU bliss blue, perfect plum, so saffron, PTI white, lemon tart, bitty dots dp; DCWV dp; scenic route dp
accessories: cuttlebug ef, fiskars apron lace punch; gemstones, SU scallop, circle, tag corner punches; satin ribbon, twine

6 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

I love how you made the tag into a note with the lined paper! Great colours and wonderful embellishments!

Have a good weekend! Hope you are feeling better!

Marisa said...

I picked the same insp.picture and focused in on the same thing LOL! Believe I also have the same DP from Mike's - ha! You must be rubbing off on me LOL! Great work with the sketch and I love the way you wrapped the thin ribbon.

Hubby and I are whacked after two days of cooking for the youth retreat at the church. My feet may not be talking to me tomorrow, but seeing so many happy kids and getting thanks for the food made it all worth it :D Think I'd take cooking over having to stay over night with the kids and getting little sleep LOL!

Kristina said...

Who cares if the dp is old if it WORKS?! And work it does! LOVE how you pulled those colors from this picture! I didn't order that set, but was soooo tempted to. It was one I decided to wait on and gather some inspiration first. :) I think I'm tackling this one tomorrow. There are so many colors in the inspiration pictures I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment.

Aimes said...

Oh there's no hiding that a bow will feature on most of your creations - no matter how small the space ;D
A beautiful card as always! Love the addition of a comma (I have a passion for punctuation; goes with the job!)
Now if it were my crafty area to use as inspiration it'd be empty! Yup, finally tidied up! But how long until it's a tip again...?! LOL!
Aimes
x

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, I like this! I like that verse and the way you used it.

TannyP said...

Such a perfect card with that inspiration room! Your ribbon is gorgeous and that flower looks fabulous =)
I'm really hoping my order arrives this week so I can create some Mother's Day cards with it by Sunday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...