Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pass the Tissue, Please


Good afternoon, Papertrey fans!!  Having the Blog Hop on a Sunday means I can post my blog link early and not have to wait until after I get home from work :)  This month's challenge is to use tissue.  Flowers seem the natural thing to make out of tissue, but I wanted to try something different.  I was inspired by Dawn's ruffle card and decided to try and mimic the same look with tissue!! I even had some kraft coloured tissue paper..yummy!!! I stamped a french script onto the paper with SU's sahara sand (a good ink match to kraft IMHO) then cut out 5 scallop strips with my new PTI medium scallop die. 
Here is another angle shot to show the ruffle layers.  I tried playing with my editing program to get a better image of the Hawaiian Shore paper and ribbon.  Is it just me or is this a hard colour to take pictures of?  It just looks like turquoise in pictures...really, it's a beautiful dark aqua colour in real life. 
Because I had some left over tissue from my first card, I decided to make a tissue flower for my Mercy card this week.  Yes, that's another one of Heather's library cards!!! I'm addicted, what can I say?
My last card also uses tissue flowers, but I've scrunched them up a bit more.  I really like this colour combo.  The yellow and pink really pop off the brown and kraft.  Oh, and my favourite part is that yummy sheer ribbon.  I've let other blog buddies know that it tastes like lemon meringue...no seriously, I've tried it and it does!!! LOL ;)  Thanks for dropping by and I can't wait to see what you all have made for today as well. Enjoy the rest of the hop :)


What's in them?
{Wishing You Everything}
Stamps: PTI birthday basics, SU french script
Ink: SU choc chip, sahara sand, PTI tea dye
Paper: PTI hawaiian shore, cream, pretty pastel dp; cosmo cricket dp
Accessories: corner chomper, fiskars border punch, gemstones, PTI ribbon and medium scallop die; tissue paper

{Hi-Ya!}
Stamps: PTI say it with style, fancy flourishes, SU french script
Ink: SU choc chip, close to cocoa, PTI tea dye
Paper: PTI cream, ocean tide, cosmo cricket dp, SU choc chip
Accessoires: Heather Nichols library card image, gemstones, PTI button, blossom die and ribbon, SU linen thread, stitching, long rectange nestabilities

{Precious and Few}
Stamps: PTI blooming button bits
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI kraft, cream, polka dot basics dp; cosmo cricket dp
Accessories: PTI blossom dies, cuttlebug ef, fiskars border punch, brads, SU horizontal slot punch, Michaels sheer ribbon

43 comments:

Lynn said...

Maureen,
All gorgeous cards..love them all, but the first one is my favorite!

Have fun blog hopping tonight!

Nancy L. said...

love all the cards!! loving the color combo on your first!

Marisa said...

I've seen a few cases of Dawn's ruffle card :D You've done a great job of it as well. Lovely colour combo on this card and I"m green with envy you have that scalloped die LOL! Great tissue flower and colour combo on the second card. Just love the third card. Those little flowers all scrunched up are fabulous! Love the sheer polka dotted ribbon and you are right, they really pop with this mix of colours. Wonderful work on all three, Maureen :D

Lindsay said...

Maureen! These are all so fun! I just love the kraft ruffles! Just divine!

Tammy said...

They're all great girl, but your first one has it all--fab colour combo, fab bow, fab tissue use, fab EVERYTHING!! I haven't participated in a PTI blog hop before--I really should. Does it only happen over one day?

Pam W. said...

Great cards. I am lovin' that kraft tissue paper.

Anika said...

Love these! Those first two are my faves - great colors!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

3 cards! You go girl! I had a hard time getting one card made for this challenge. All are gorgeous creations!

Charlene Austin said...

These are FABULOUS!! I think the one with the yellow is my FAV! So cute.

I didn't know you were Cdn too! Cool.

Jackie Pedro said...

Maureen, these cards are just gorgeous!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scalloped ruffled tissue on the first and the flowers on the last one are FAB!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Wonderful cards! Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jen Carter said...

Great cards! I think that my favorite is the 3rd one! Wonderful work!

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful creations, all of them!

Jessica said...

Oh my. I LOVE the colour combo in the first card (and the sweet layers of scallops!) and the fun tissue flowers in the other two.

Christi said...

three cards! fantastic!
the ruffled one is my fave

Nerina said...

wow! you have been creative! Love what you did here. it would be almost impossible to choose a favourite! (Love your blog post title too :0) Heeee!

Kristina said...

Wow! You've been busy! LOVE all three cards you made for the blog hop! And those tissue paper ruffles... such a great idea! It really softens them up and gives them a flowy feeling.

I have a problem photographing Hawaiian Shores, too. It always looks too blue on my computer instead of that lovely deep aqua color. I keep going into my photoshop elements and replacing the color until it looks right to my eyes.

Liz said...

Hawaiian shore looks even more beautiful paired with the kraft tissue paper! Great job!

Rosanne said...

They're all gorgeous!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are all so FABULOUS, wonderful job with the tissue paper on all of them!

Chris Simon said...

Those are all fabulous! I think I like the third one the best. The yellow just works so well with the pink and brown.

BethieJ said...

All of your cards are WONDERFUL!!
Happy Hopping!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

All three of your cards are so pretty. Love the different flowers you made and also the vintage look to the first card with the tissue paper ruffles.

Karen H. said...

Great cards! I love the tin type background on the first card.

peggysue said...

Wow you really outdid yourself making three cards, each is better than the last, a great collection showing beautiful use of tissue.

Elizabeth S. said...

Wonderful cards!! All three are so pretty!

Mariana said...

How creative!! I love them all, gorgeous cards!!

Shay said...

Wow three gorgeous cards! You did an outstanding job using tissue paper in all sorts of different ways and also making lovely cards.

kasia c. said...

Beautiful cards!

Laurie said...

All SO pretty! Love that brown tissue paper!

Kerri said...

These are all soooo pretty!!! I love the color combos and details!

Amy Kolling said...

ok, after seeing your ruffles on that first card.....going to go buy some kraft colored tissue paper! That ROCKS!!! And your bow can't be any more PERFECT!!! Love those colors together too! Wait.....I LOVE everything about it!! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are all gorgeous, Maureen! I LOVE the scalloped tissue. . .so, so cute! And those bright flowers are adorable too! Great use of tissue!

Barbara said...

Oh, yeah, I've got to find me some Kraft tissue paper! Gorgeous cards!

Dana said...

Kraft tissue paper? NO WAY! I lvoe all three samples. Amazing.

Chris said...

Gosh! What beautiful cards! I adore your ruffles - such fun on a card.

Katie said...

I adore kraft, so your tissue paper ruffles are just perfection! Love the flower too!

Marge said...

FABULOUS -- one & ALL!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh such gorgeous cards! Love them all!

Lisa Voerg said...

I love all of your cards, but the ruffles caught my eye. Great job with the hop.

Theresa Tyree said...

Your color choices are impeccable!! You are one talented lady!

TannyP said...

Wowee! AMAZING work with that tissue paper. You're a dang genius!!

Taheerah said...

Oh my gosh, these are all outstanding!! My favourite is the second one I think, just really drawn to the colours. I gotta know where you got that Kraft tissue paper!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...