Sunday, February 7, 2010

So Sweet of You ~ PTI Palette Challenge



Good evening!! I have to sneak this post in tonight as it's for PTI's palette challenge and it's due by Tuesday (that full-time thing I go to M-F is getting in the way!). To celebrate their new paint product coming this Spring, Nicole has a fun "paint" by number challenge...although if your username comes between H-M like mine (Irishlatte or Moe), you may not think it's too fun....that's what I thought at first. It's the most difficult of all the palettes IMHO :) But once I saw Dawn's sample I was inspired to use ribbon and the apron lace punch. I also ran the pumpkin panel through the cuttlebug with swiss dots. Two terracotta buttons completed the card. I'm actually quite pleased the way it came out and how the colours worked together despite my little "heart attack" when I first saw them. I didn't even have to resort to changing my Username :) Yay!! Good night!! Sweet dreams :)
What's in it?
Stamps: pti signature greetings
Ink: pti raspberry fizz
Paper: SU really rust, pumpkin pie, white linen (craft supply); pti raspberry fizz dp
Accessories: SU corner rounder, PTI ribbon and buttons, twine, cuttlebug ef, fiskars apron lace punch

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

You made me laugh at "not having to change your user name!" That is a tricky palette, I will admit that! I think you worked quite nicely with it. And your bow is beautiful!!!

Alyssa B said...

Gee that's such a nice card, TFS!

Holly said...

ROFL! I'm considering changing my username because of this color palette. ROFL You did a beautiful job with your card, Mo! My brain is still in shock at having to use orange........ not my fave color.......

TannyP said...

What a wonderful job you did with this challenge, aureen! Awesome work! Another perfect combination of ribbons & buttons

Rachel VP said...

Your card is very pretty-I love the simplicity. :-)

Marisa said...

I think you did just fine with this colour combo. Way to get all these challenges in! Hope to be able to squeeze one in myself. Have a great day :D

{PurpleD} said...

How beautiful!! Every detail is perfect!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun polka dot paper and great button accents. Way to rock the PTI paint by numbers challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Helen F. said...

I think your card came out beautiful, Maureen ~ this was a "challenging" color palette for me too :o)

Aimes said...

Glad it wasn't just me thinking of changing my username! I think you got a tougher deal with this colour combo than me but you totally rocked it! I love how the raspberry 'pops' against the white!
x

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the terracotta tile color! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...