Monday, February 22, 2010

Make a Wish!!

Good morning!! Ah, this card brings a smile to my face!! Christmas is over, Valentine's is done and now onto my favourite day of the year...St. Patrick's Day. If my blog count down is correct, it's 22 days until I drink green beer and blow out the candles on my birthday cake. I love, love, love my birthday :) It's a no pressure, no stress, everyone can celebrate kind of day :) And it also means Spring is right around the corner :) So Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch is the first St. Patty's card of the year for me (and not the last!!). I've always appreciated receiving cards that mention a St. Patrick's Day birthday and this would fit the bill nicely...maybe I'll give it to my son to give me!! LOL I wanted to add a big bow with that delicious SU wide ribbon, but it didn't look quite right and covered up the fun shamrock paper (see photo below). That wide ribbon is tricky to tie and I didn't like the way the knot in the middle looked. It also takes away from the fun shamrock made from 3 little PTI Heart Prints hearts. I will be making more of those for sure!! Well, I am all curling-ed out!! Our women's team lost their first game but hopefully can still make it to a final game. They still have Sweden to play, though...eek!! Is it just me or does it feel like the Olympics have been on for a month? LOL Anyways, have a wonderful Monday :)




What's in it?
Stamps: PTI heart prints, mega mixed messages
Ink: SU choc chip, kiwi kiss
Paper: PTI cream, springmoss, gold shimmer; SU kiwi kiss; various dp
Accessories: circle nestabilities, heart punch, gemstones, stitching, button, linen thread, SU wide ribbon

9 comments:

Winter said...

Beautiful! I love them both! :)

Marisa said...

You've done a great job with this week's sketch. When I first saw it I just about died! Too many panels for this simple mind LOL! Love your DPs and that big shamrock. Perfectly placed bling too. You are right re: the bow. It does take away from the shamrock a bit, but I do like the card with it too. Maybe the bow one can be from Tony LOL!

Vancouver was a ZOO!! Thousands of people everywhere (sure the beautifully warm sunny day had a lot to do with it). Line ups were insane - anywhere from 2 - 6 hours to get into any of the pavilions. Needless to say, we didn't stand in any, but did get to see the cauldron and enjoy the festive atmosphere. Will post a few pics soon.

LOVED watching Martin play Great Britain. He is the master! What a game. Miss the women's round but was so miffed at Canada losing the hockey game that I couldn't watch any more LOL! Have a great day!!

Laural-Lee said...

The card is fantastic either way. Although it's disappointing when the ribbon hides all the fabulous paper but it still really worked.

Love love love this card!

Cindy Major said...

I love this card! So wonderfully cute! Love the mix of greens :)
TFS!

Cindy

Mary J said...

Wow, I love how you've positioned the clover! Really great card!

Vickie Z said...

Great St. Paddy's Day card!! Love the dp and those shamrocks. Bling is perfect!! MIL was Irish so have always been interested in St. Paddy's Day cards.

Melisa Hunter said...

What a great card! Love what you did with this sketch. Great combo of greens!

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous!!! I love that fabulous shamrock, and the smattering of jewels! The paper choices are really fab too! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Krista said...

You did a great job with the challenge, I love your card !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...