Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Celebrate the Season ~ Mojo Monday

Greetings, fellow card makers!! I had fun making this card Monday night of all nights!! LOL I just finished making it before Dancing with the Stars came on and prescheduled this post between dances!! LOL I always think I won't have time for Mojo Monday, but then Julee posts such wonderful sketches and I'm hooked! Inspired lately by nontraditional Christmas colours, I chose some aqua dp and paired it with Raspberry Fizz pink and Berry Sorbet. The stamped scallop medallion is from an old SU set last year, but I love layering it and thought it was perfect for the corner image :) Just before I took the picture, something was missing...bling!! A little added to the snowflake and then {smile!} it was done! Hope your day is going well. I'm still making cards for my sister...will post some of the gift cards soon:)



What's in it?
Stamps: SU so many scallops
Paper: PTI white, raspberry fizz, berry sorbet, SU kraft, soft sky, Recollections dp
Ink: SU choc chip, PTI raspberry fizz
Accessories: cuttlebug ef, ek success large scallop punch; SU linen thread, circle punches, rhinestones, button, PTI grosgrain

7 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Very pretty! Love that raspberry fizz!

TannyP said...

What awesome non-traditional colors you put together for fabulous cards, Maureen! As usual, your bling is JUST RIGHT!

Winter said...

So pretty! I agree, the bling just finishes it off! :)

Marisa said...

Fabulous Mojo card, Maureen! Love the colour combo and you were 100 percent correct in adding the bling - it looks wonderful :D Great layering of the sentiment too.

DWTS was great. You were more productive during it than I was LOL! Loved the Muppet appearances - especially the two old guys in the balcony when one said he looked like the judge in the middle LOL! Poor Mya had all it took to win but they (or should I say the Pro) goofed on the free dance selection. Loved watching Donny and it was so fun to see his excitement at the end when he won. Now we just have to wait until the next round :D

Kristina said...

So pretty! I love the embossing on your large scallops. It really adds a unique touch to them. And I'm so glad you remembered the bling!

I'm off to Disneyland again today. Should be really, really crowded, but still fun. Thankfully, with a pass, it doesn't matter too much if it's overwhelmingly crowded. There's no stress to accomplish the park in one day. We can take our time and do whatever we want. :)

Happy early Thanksgiving from down here in CA!

Renée said...

oh, how pretty! Love the colours and that large scallop punch!

Anonymous said...

This is SO cute! Great job, love the colours, the cute patterned paper and the delicious bow!! BTW thanks for the explanation and the kind words :) Best wishes from cloudy Heidelberg!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...