Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Enjoy the Journey ~ Second Embellish Card


When I was sketching out a card for this challenge, the sketch I used for one of the Verve challenges last week popped in my head. I hope it's okay to submit 2 cards for the challenge. I could not NOT submit this card, if you know what I mean. The colours are just perfect for the blossom. I picked this Verve sentiment in honour of Ashley and company's new magazine journey. I hope they like it :) Again, the extra requirement was to use polka dots. This time I stamped a smaller polka dot onto the blossoms with versamark and used some bitty dots dp from Papertrey Ink. Seriously, this paper is great!! It's the perfect background for so many cards. Very versatile and you get all their colours from last year in the pack. The leaves are hand cut and crimped. Have a wonderful day :)


What's in it?

Stamps: PTI polka dot basics; Verve bountiful backgrounds; SU french script

Ink: Versamark, SU choc chip, baroque burgundy

Paper: PTI vintage cream, summer sunrise, scarlett jewel, bitty dots dp; SU pumpkin pie

Accessories: nestabilities blossom dies; PTI button; twine; crimper

8 comments:

Tiffany Heilman said...

I love this card. The flower is wonderful!

TannyP said...

Such a perfect flower & the button really adds! Love what you've done, Maureen.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along with the challenge, Maureen ! Great cards! :-)

Laural-Lee said...

This is Fantastic Moe!! I love the crimped leaves...such a nice little touch. And the dp is perfect! Hope you're enjoying your journey.

PS the wood stove is a far cry from the A/C I was talking about in the summer isn't it. But I'd much rather be warm than cold.

Cat said...

This card is perfect for the challenge. I love the polka dot flower and the polka dot panel, it looks great.:)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Simple and sleek lines. Great use of white space. Great job with the embellish challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

Oh, I love that flower! So pretty! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Thanks so much for joining us in Polka Dot Paradise!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...