Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dream Come True ~ Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge

Woot! Woot! It's Cinema Saturday's 50th celebration!! This week's movie is Pretty Woman. OMGosh! I've seen this soooo many times. I still have my VHS copy ;) It's so easy to be inspired by this movie (uh, let's all say Richard Gere and drool together!). I loved this movie because it's all about dreams coming true. At the time it came out, I was raising my son on my own and finishing my teaching degree and quietly wishing for "my dream come true" to walk through my door and sweep me off my feet. Fast forward 15 years later (I had to wait a looooonnnnngggggg time) and he finally walked through my Starbucks store and swept me off my feet :) {insert heart here}. The scene I loved the most was when Edward and Vivian are all dressed up in the elevator on their way to the opera. The song playing is Fallen and has the line "You're a dream coming true." (I was listening to it as I made this card!) Vivian says to Edward, "In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight." I love this because I say the same thing to my husband before we go out. I even told him where I got the line from. I just know we're going to have a good time because we are together doing something special :) With that in mind, this may turn into his Valentine's card!!! Am I good or what? It's already made, even before Christmas and his birthday!! So I had to make it "masculine." This year after making several sample Valentine's cards for my son, he would say, "It's too girly." Well, Baby, it's hard to make a love card without something lacy, pink, or lovey, dovey. But I think he will approve of this one...it has red and black, buttons, twine, and a strong lattice! ARRRGHHH (my masculine sound effect). And what man doesn't want to be a dream come true? The requirement this week was to paper piece. Well, the hearts are cut from patterned paper, does that count? I'd say after all this card means to me...it does!! And I haven't forgotten, my friends, I've had a really good time with you today!! Thanks for reading and allowing me to share a sweet little story about my "dream come true."




What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Fairy Tales
Ink: SU black
Paper: SU ruby red, black, white, kraft; GCD studio patterned paper
Accessories: SU lattice die, embossing folder, linen thread; buttons; heart nestabilites

10 comments:

TannyP said...

Verve always has the best fonts for their sentiments. I think it'll be perfect for him!! Awesome card. I love that movie, too!

Ann said...

I love this movie, and I love your card! As soon as I read the part about the elevator, I knew what line you were going to quote...I still have my VHS copy, too! ;)

Marisa said...

Great story, Maureen. I love that movie too. I played the soundtrack forever and still enjoy it. Glad you found your "dream come true". They are always worth the wait (I had to wait till I was 34 and had married 5 roommates off!)

Perfect card too. Not too "fufuy" LOL! See you are enjoying that latice die and using it wonderfully well.

Sweet Momiji said...

Love the story!! And your card is gorgeous!! I am sure that he will love it! ;)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Smiles,
Hollie@ Momiji's Madness

Teresa Kline said...

this card is very sweet, I have that die and have not used it yet....thanks for the inspiration...have a great week!

enjoy *~*

Sankari W. said...

Oh Maureen!!! I am SOOO glad that you shared that story with us!!! How absolutely sweet and lovely and you both sound just so cute! I love that you still tell him that when you guys go out - and I can totally hear the music in the elevator in my head as I type this - I LOVE that part too - and your sentiment SO captures that - so beautiful!!! And you totally crack me up about its hard to make a love/V-Day card without a little girlyness - but you did an awesome job of making a "pretty" masculine card!! I am sure he will love it! And I still have my VHS too!!! :) I am always so happy when I see your name and that you have played along! Your work is so beautiful and lovely and you are just the sweetest!!!!
Thank you so much for playing along with us this week!!
Sending you big hugs and sunshine!
Sankari :)

Laural-Lee said...

Awe what a wonderful story Moe! It brought a tear to my eye. I'm so happy for you and hubby! TFS.

grammie jackie said...

Maureen, I've been a fan of yours since I started following CSCC. you do beautiful work. This card doesn't disappoint.

Juli Smith, said...

Very classy!

theneon said...

This is perfection -- and I know your dh will love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...